SECTION 1 – PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
When you make a purchase from our store, as part of our buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you provide, such as your name, address and e-mail address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer, which allows us to obtain more details about the browser and operating system you are using.
E-mail marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
SECTION 2 – CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with your personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, schedule a delivery or return a purchase, we assume that you consent to our collection and use of your information for this purpose only.
If we ask you to provide your personal information for any other reason, such as marketing purposes, we will ask you directly for your express consent, or we will give you the opportunity to decline.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If, after you have given us your consent, you change your mind and no longer consent to our contacting you, collecting your information or disclosing it, you may notify us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at :
12 Saint-Jean Street
SECTION 3 – DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required to do so by law or if you violate our Terms and Conditions.
ARTICLE 4 – SHOPIFY
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell you our services and products.
Your data is stored in Shopify’s data storage system and databases, and in the general Shopify application. Your data is stored on a secure server protected by a firewall.Payment:
If you make your purchase through a direct payment gateway, in this case Shopify will store your credit card information. This information is encrypted in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction information is retained as long as necessary to complete your order. Once your order is finalized, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways comply with the PCI-DSS standard, managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of companies such as Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
The requirements of the PCI-DSS standard ensure the secure processing of credit card data by our store and its service providers.
For more information, please see the Shopify Terms of Service here.
SECTION 5 – SERVICES PROVIDED BY THIRD PARTIES
Generally, the third party vendors we use will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to perform the services they provide to us.
However, some third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies regarding the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase transactions.
With respect to these suppliers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies carefully so that you can understand how they will handle your personal information.
Keep in mind that some suppliers may be located or have facilities located in a different jurisdiction than you or us. Therefore, if you decide to proceed with a transaction that requires the services of a third party provider, your information may be governed by the laws of the jurisdiction in which that provider is located or the jurisdiction in which its facilities are located.
For example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed through a payment gateway located in the United States, your information used to complete the transaction could be disclosed under U.S. law, including the Patriot Act.
You may be required to leave our website by clicking on certain links on our site. We assume no responsibility for the privacy practices of these other sites and recommend that you read their privacy policies carefully.
ARTICLE 6 – SECURITY
To protect your personal data, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to ensure that it is not lost, misappropriated, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed in an inappropriate manner.
If you provide us with your credit card information, it will be encrypted through the use of SSL security protocol and stored with AES-256 encryption. While no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
SECTION 7 – TYPES OF DATA COLLECTED
When using our service, we may ask you to provide certain personally identifiable information that may be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to
* E-mail address
* Mailing address
* First and last name
* Cookies and usage data
We may use your personal information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may choose not to receive any or all of these communications by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in the emails we send.
We may also collect information about how our services are accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This usage data may include information such as your computer’s IP address (IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our service you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, the device identifier and other diagnostic data.
TRACKING OF COOKIE DATA
Cookies are files with a small amount of data that may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are tags, beacons and scripts to collect and track information and improve and analyze our service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use all the features of our service.
Examples of cookies we use:
* Session cookies. We use session cookies to operate our service.
* Preference cookies. We use preference cookies to remember your preferences and various settings
* Security cookies. We use security cookies for security purposes.
USE OF DATA
We use the data we collect for a variety of purposes:
* To provide and maintain our service
* To notify you of changes in our service
* To provide customer support
* To gather valuable analysis or information so that we can improve our service
* To monitor the use of our service
* To detect, prevent and solve technical problems
* To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events we offer that are similar to those you have already purchased or requested, unless you have opted out of receiving such information
SECTION 8 – DATA SECURITY
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
SECTION 9 – LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA UNDER THE GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
WE MAY PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA BECAUSE:
* We must perform a contract with you or ship products purchased from you.
* You have given us permission to do so
* The processing is in our legitimate interests and is not overridden by your rights
* For payment processing
* To comply with the law
* We will retain and use your personal data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
SECTION 10 – YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS UNDER THE GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
If you reside in the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. We aim to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your personal data.
If you would like to be informed of the personal data we hold about you and if you would like to have it deleted from our systems, please contact us.
IN CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES, YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS:
* The right to access, update or delete information we have about you. Whenever possible, you can access, update or request the deletion of your personal data directly in the settings section of your account. If you cannot perform these actions yourself, please contact us for assistance.
* The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
* The right to object. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data.
* The right to restrict. You have the right to request that we limit the processing of your personal information.
* The right to data portability. You have the right to receive a copy of the information we have about you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
* The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we have relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
SECTION 11 – AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, and that you have given us your consent to allow any minor in your care to use this website.
If our store is acquired by or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we can continue to sell you products.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, file a complaint, or if you simply want more information, contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com or by mail at :
12 Saint-Jean Street